Friday 28 October 2011

Shu Uemura WKW Holiday 2011 Collection

Shu Uemura's Holiday Collection has just been released in Hong Kong and a couple of weeks back I pre-ordered a few select items that I know I would want so I can review it for you all as soon as it arrives! :)

Clockwise from Top: Dance in Glitter False Eyelashes, Burning in Water Eye & Cheek Palette, Rouge Unlimited- Festive Rouge, Nail Polish Set- Festive Rouge




I am a teensy bit too excited to write a proper review of all the goodies so this post is going to be very picture heavy! :)
Dance in Glitter False Eyelashes - the outer casing is a hologram!!

Dance in Glitter False Eyelashes
The Dance in Glitter False Eyelashes are so glam! The lashes are really dense and long at the outer corners, and its also heavily decorated with glitter. LOVE!!

Eye & Cheek Palette - Burning in Water
Also a hologram casing on  the Eye & Cheek Palette!
 The Burning in Water palette is amazing!! It has three eyeshadows, one glitter shadow, one cream cheek colour and one cheek highlighter.
Eye & Cheek Palette- Burning in Water

Nail Polish Set- Festive Rouge
 
Rouge Unlimited- Rouge Luster
See swatches below of the lipstick and the Burning in Water palette. Rouge Luster is a strawberry red lip colour with subtle gold shimmer. The Burning in Water palette contains three eyeshadows - dark blue with low level shimmer, a lavender and a baby blue that are both quite shimmery. The textures on these three eyeshadows are amazing!! The pigmentation is also quite good, even though it looks quite poor in my swatches (truthfully, I was trying not to ruin my palette just yet). I am usually not a fan of Shu's glitter eyeshadows because they lack pigmentation and has some fallout. But the glitter eyeshadow in this palette is just amaaaaazing!! It applies as nicely as the other shadows and has very little fallout.

The cream cheek colour included in the palette is a lovely rouge shade that is a cinch to apply. It has a degree of sheerness to it that I love, because it results in the most natural flush on my cheeks! The last product in the palette is a white-pink highlighter. The colour is non-existent on my skin, but you can see a subtle glow from the shimmer.
Left-Right: Rouge Luster, Burning in Water Palette (Artificial light, flash on)

More swatches (Artificial light, flash off)
Let me know what you will be picking up from this collection. I know that I will be getting the glitter mascara, the other set of nail polish as well as the limited edition cleansing oil from this collection.

Till next time,

xoxo Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3