Saturday 19 November 2011

Shu Uemura Face Products Review

Shu Uemura has always impressed me, especially with their eyeshadows and blushes. I think that compared to their similarly priced competitors (e.g. Mac), Shu Uemura has much better quality products.

Today I will continue to spread the Shu love and review three face products that I purchased some months ago while I was holidaying in Indonesia ^.^

L-R: UV Under Base Mousse, Instant-Glow Immediate Radiance Skin Perfecting Cream,
Face Architect Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation

First up I will be reviewing Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse SPF 30. One pump will give you just enough product to spread over your whole face and neck. 

Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse

The mousse seems to have a beige colour but when spread, it does leave a white cast on my skin (which is probably due to the sunscreen).


Shu Uemura Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation
I will be testing the performance of the under base mousse using Shu's Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation in 754 (medium beige).

L-R: Unprimed, Primed with UV Under Base Mousse
L-R: Unprimed Foundation, Foundation Application with UV Under Base Mousse
As you can see, the foundation applies more smoothly and evenly when using the UV Under Base Mousse. Surprisingly, the "ïlluminating" foundation is not at all shimmery or glowy when used on its own or over the mousse base. Huh.

Shu's foundation is very spreadable and blendable. I used approximately half a pump to do the above swatch, and that was way too much! A little goes a long way, which is good in this case because Shu Uemura's products are not cheap.


Next up is the Instant-Glow Immediate Radiance Skin Perfecting Cream. The liquid that comes out of the tube is an off white colour which transforms into a glowy champagne coloured cream on my skin. How weird and so very cool!! If your skin was flawless, I would think that you can wear this on days when you want to look dewy. The radiance that you get from applying Instant-Glow Immediate Radiance Skin Perfecting Cream is sooo subtle and pretty!

L-R: Unprimed Skin, Instant-Glow
 
L-R: Unprimed Foundation Application, Foundation over Instant Glow
Oooooohhh I am swooning at my own swatch of the foundation with Instant-Glow!! Eventhough I have oily skin, i do gravitate towards foundations that leaves a semi matte or dewy finish. I think it makes you look fresh and healthy :)

Recommendation: Out of the three Shu Uemura face products I tried, I think that the Instant-Glow Immediate Radiance Skin Perfecting Cream is a must buy. Its is lovely on its own, under/over foundation, or even mixed with a little tinted moisturiser for a natural weekend look.

xoxo
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3