Monday 7 May 2012

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Riviere - Asia Exclusive

When I first heard about the Asia Exclusive Chanel IdO Riviere, I was so excited!!! I immediately said "Yes!" when my friend in Hong Kong asked me if I wanted it.

I received her parcel some weeks ago and I hesitated to write this review because I didn't want to speak ill of my beloved Chanel. But alas, I am sad to bring you my first disappointing IdO purchase.


Don't get me wrong, I think the colour is lovely, but I do feel like the pigmentation is quite a bit sheerer than the rest of the line. Its still worth taking a look if this is a colour that you think you'd wear all the time. I have used this quite a few times, and the result is a silvery mint green (more silver, less mint green) and it is very daytime/office appropriate.


I really hope I haven't dissuaded anyone from swatching this in store. My love of Chanel and IdO's know no bounds but I just think that this particular colour is not very well executed.

Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, so sad that you feel disappointed with it! What a waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      No, definitely not a waste. I can still get a lot of use out of it but I think I was just expecting something different!

      Cindy

      Delete

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3