Wednesday 26 December 2012

Dior Addict Lipstick in New Look

I think I have turned into a lipstick monster. Ever since starting my beauty blog, my meagre lipstick collection of TWO tubes/bullets have grown considerably. Without any further ado, here is another lipstick review...

I purchased this Dior Addict lipstick in New Look because I felt that I was missing a sheer coral red in my collection.


Well, what a lovely lipstick line this is. I was instantly reminded of the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine formula which is a sheer balmy lipstick perfect for someone like me who isn't used to wearing a block of colour on my lips.

The colour is a coral/orange red with  a smattering of fine shimmer which is not noticable and therefore this isn't a frosty colour at all.



As you can see below, the colour translates into a beautiful juicy watermelon pink on the lips. The colour is buildable to a certain extent. When I look in the mirror (and the photos below), I also see a resemblance to the YSL Glossy Stains in terms of the finish. I find that the Glossy Stains are less slippery though, and a bit more dry and tacky as it dries. The Dior Addict (and Rouge Coco Shine) formula never really dry and sit on top of your lips like a moisturising tinted balm. The Revlon Lip Butters are slightly less slippery, not as hydrating and tend to have larger shimmer particles in the shimmery colours.


The lasting power is about 3 hours on me. It does not leave a lovely stain like the YSL Glossy Stain range. I love the packaging because it looks super cool and it is very light (and therefore travel friendly in that regard - you wouldn't feel burdened carrying this in your everyday handbag).


I think I am all blogged out for today. Hope everyone is having a good holiday and stay safe!

xx Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I'm always happy to help with your queries so don't hesitate to drop me a note <3